Tidbits for Teachers are regular SHORT inspirations and tips to bring hope and encouragement to teachers in all settings. I hope to give you a shot in the arm and remind you why you chose this career in the first place.
How to survive the last two weeks of school:
- Smile and nod.
- Take deep breaths.
- Restock your chocolate supply.
- Wear jeans every day.
- Drink coffee every morning.
- Drink wine every night.
- Take more deep breaths.
- Make it through field day without killing anybody.
- Smile and nod some more.
- Do creative projects.
- Include glitter and glue to keep them interested.
- Keep them busy.
- Pack up your room as a geometry lesson.
- Sign 1,000,000 year books.
- Give 1,000,000 hugs.
- Accept gifts of coffee cups and candy with a smile.
- Store the handwritten notes in your filing cabinet.
- More deep breaths.
- Refuse to pull your hair out or beat your head against the wall.
- Enjoy your students one last time.
- Do cartwheels as the buses pull away on the last day.
Thank you for all you do, teachers! Enjoy your summer!!